- 30 for 30 Challenge update: So far so good! 1-bath-time fun, 2-firetruck fun, 3-firetruck fun (cut short due to tantrum), 4-building with blocks…. you get the idea. After I posted the 30 for 30 challenge I thought… yikes. Everyone is going to think I’m a horrid mom for not “playing” with my child all the time and having to challenge myself to do it. But it can be hard to find a good slot of time when you are a full-time working mom. And as I’ve read from the comments, for a stay at home mom for that matter. But making sure I find the time has been good for me. Alex gets so excited when I suggest we go play with his toys. Makes this momma smile. The last 2 days we haven’t had our play time just due to scheduling, but we will be back at it tomorrow.
- 2 weeks ago we went to our speech therapist Julie. Alex is doing very well. Julie can understand most words now and see’s his progress. My frustration is that Alex speaks well when he is with her. At home – not so much. Sigh. We are still working on T’s, P’s and now N’s.
- I mentioned before that there was a chance that our neighbourhood school was turning into a French only school. Lucky for us that choice was overturned, and Alex will be able to go to our neighbourhood school in the Fall! So that’s great news. However… I was dismayed to discover that they do not offer a JK orientation. Just show up on the first day. That should be interesting.
- We had a garage sale on the weekend… and it rained all morning. What a washout. Still got rid of a lot of stuff including a stroller, slide and toys which will help free up some space. My mom watched Alex Friday night so he didn’t realize I was getting rid of a lot of his baby toys.
- Sunday was a beautiful sunny (and hot) day around here, so we broke out the little plastic pool and slip and slide and let Alex and his buddy Preston have a good play on them. It’s amazing how much use we get out of these toys each year!
- I’m running the Handmade Culture craft show again this Fall! I’m very excited about it. If you are around Stratford on September 29 between 10 and 2, be sure to stop by the library!
- Hog Jog update… I won’t be doing it this year after all. With my new job at work, I need to attend Library Board meetings and turns out the next one is the same night as the run. So I don’t feel quite as bad about not “training” as well as I should have.
- Alex is registered for soccer this summer. 4 was the minimum age and since Blast Ball didn’t go very well last year, we thought we would try this. And well… soccer is turning out quite a bit like blast ball. Alex is “fine” during warmup, but when the games come around he just clams up and refuses to go on the field. Here’s hoping next week is better!
I wish this had turned out much more crisp – but loved the attitude captured!