What’s been going on… what hasn’t been going on? Here’s the low down:
- Just for the record – menopause sucks. I generally don’t have a lot of symptoms until about 10pm. Then the hot flashes are terrible! That and the insomnia…. one month to go.
- On Thursday I started a new job at my library! I am not the “Acting Systems Librarian” – so I’m taking over my supervisor’s position temporarily until the Library board determines how they want this position to move forward. Hopefully I can continue in the roll, but I will have to apply for it when it does open up. So learning lots, dealing with budgeting, supervising, more system management etc. So I’m busy busy busy!
- I just finished reading “Another Piece of My Heart” by Jane Green – I love her books. They always have a bit of infertility, adoption issues in them – this story is all about adoption. I must admit – I cried and cried at the end – was a good ending, but still emotional (maybe that’s the menopause). I’m now onto Legend by Marie Lu (thanks Christine!) – love dystopian teen fiction.
- We were up north on the weekend. Poor Matt and Alex were eaten alive by the black flies! You can check out our first trip of the season to our cottage property on our cottage blog.
- We had a lovely mother’s day 2 weeks ago. Since Alex was up at 6:45 and Matt wasn’t feeling the best, I didn’t get to sleep in, but I did get to spend a lot of time with our little guy which was wonderful.
- I am supposed to be training for the local “hog jog” in June… but I must admit I’m way way behind on that. Like I haven’t run in months. And all my stomach muscles seem to have disappeared. Not good for the moral, so I’m going to be changing this pronto! Operation get off the couch commences… tomorrow.