Finally! I’m getting this done on a Tuesday!
- Today Alex went to the Mall… to meet the big guy! He was soooo good! Luckily there was no line up. He got to hop up on Santa’s lap and he nicely told Santa that he wanted a “motor boat ride” and a “motorcycle”. Well… we will see about that one! No tears, no screams like last year… but also no decent pictures. I didn’t check what settings I had going on and just started to take pictures… and well… they sucked. The first few were not clear super clear because I didn’t have my flash one. When I turned my flash on, they were way overexposed and not salvageable at all. So bummed. I guess we will just have to go back!
- Really not even close to being done holiday shopping. I thought I would be by now, but after the whole weekend excitement, I just didn’t have the energy or the desire to go out. I think I will have to hit the late night store hours.
- I finished Crossed by Ally Condie… and don’t hate me, but I wasn’t in love with it like I had hoped I would be. I guess I will have to see how book 3 goes!
- Our basement is 98% done! We are just waiting on our mantle to be made and installed. We’ve been told by the end of next week. Finger’s crossed! In the mean time, we are truly enjoying the new leather recliners. One thing we have discovered though is that blu-ray players don’t seem to play all DVDs like they technically should. We purchased a new player since our DVD player was over 10 yrs old and not 100% reliable itself. But we couldn’t even play a brand new Li*n King on the blu-ray. Not impressed.
- On Saturday night we had a “Progressive Dinner” with 3 other couples in our neighborhood. Lots of great food, lots of good laughs and I tried to take lots of good pics… but sadly as the night wore on, and the wine bottle grew low, the pictures got more and more fuzzy.
- I’m making a New Year’s resolution early – In 2012 I’m signing up for a camera class! Enough’s enough with my crappy camera work.
- Alex is still a dancing maniac. But he will only dance to “Black and White” – aka “Black and Yellow” … apologies for the language…
- Today we finally got some snow! It was a really beautiful drive to work – almost like driving through a black and white picture – gorgeous. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!