Missed Tuesday… again. I’ll get my act together one of these days.
- Well since I’ve turned the big 3-5… I’ve been falling apart. Some not so fun things going on – nothing serious – but on some antibiotics for the last week and I swear they made me worse than I did before taking the meds. See the Dr. again on Tuesday – hoping for a clean bill of health.
- The weekend after my birthday Matt and I went to the US shopping with some friends. The girls shopped together and the guys sat in the pub for a bit… then shopped. Made a decent dent in the holiday shopping and also bought a few new things for me (jeans, warm fuzzy sweater from JCrew, shirt). The following day on the way home we went to… Target! I know it was silly to be excited about Target – but I hear all my American friends raving about the cool finds they get there so I couldnt’ wait. I wasn’t disappointed… but I wasn’t really super impressed either. To me it felt like a nicer WalM*rt. I did get an Elf on a Shelf there – can’t wait to break out our new holiday friend! The dollar was pretty much at par so the deals were not super good as we would have liked.
- One thing that really annoyed me was the price of gas. When converted… we paid about $0.75 a liter. We are paying over $1.18 here – just 3 hours away. Argh!
- I have my holiday cards all designed… except I don’t have any pictures taken yet to put in them… sigh.
- Anyone else super excited about Breaking Dawn Part 1 being released tomorrow? Tickets are purchased – can’t wait!!
- Our basement is almost half done. The drywall is up and primed, the ceiling is plastered and textured. This weekend we need to get a coat or two of paint on so the trim can go in on Monday. Carpet the following week… and new reclining leather sofa and love seat comes on December 3rd! We picked it out on my birthday 🙂 Soooo comfy.
- Just about finished a pretty spoooky book – Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. You have to check the book trailer – very well done.
- We had our first snow last week. It was so fun watching Alex race around the house all excited. Re-living all these special times through the eyes of a child is priceless. The snow only lasted a few hours, but I’m sure it’s going to be here to stay before long.
- I’ve been teaching Alex Christmas carols – he likes Jingle Bells, Away in a Manger, and Santa Clause is Coming to Town. He likes to breakdance to them… even though my singing is not even close to rapping.
- Tomorrow I’m presenting at a conference called KULT – Keeping up with Library Technology on QR Codes. Kinda nervous – wish me luck! Speaking of smart phones… anyone else get iPhone finger? My pointer is seriously sore – I think I need to give Angry Birds a break.
A few pics of our “Spidy Man”