Well – I missed Tuesday, so here are my tidbits on Thursday – it is Thursday isn’t it?
- On Monday we started having our basement drywalled! I’m quite excited about having more space for the boy to run around – and a tv room that we can turn surround on and not wake Alex up. We had special sound proofing insulation put in the ceiling to prevent sound echoing through the house. But the dust… seriously. What. A. Mess! We are hoping to have our Christmas tree up down there, so carpet is being selected, couches are being browsed and paint is being pondered.
- Halloween. Well – there were some fun times… but sadly due to a lack of a nap, Alex had a melt down around 5:30 – he wanted to start tick or treating, but our neighours don’t start until 6 – so tantrum city people. We almost didn’t go out. Then more melt downs at bed time. Tuesday wasn’t any better – mainly due to a nap from 4:30 – 6pm. So last night I got smart and kept Alex up after the sitters with the promise of “pop” (fizzy water) and a few pieces of Halloween candy. He slept from 8-7:30. Sweet.
- I’m finally finishing the Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. So good so far. I just wish the book wasn’t so heavy… I would read longer but my wrists get sore. Guess I need an eReader!
- I’m going to the US shopping this weekend! So excited! We are going with some neighbours to Great Lakes Crossing in Michigan… and I aim to go to… Target! I’ve never been… Should be fabulous. My mom and Matt’s parents are taking turns watching Alex (and Mason) … love grandparents!
- I’ve also started my holiday shopping – have you? I’m going to my first Christmas store open house tonight with some girlfriends – I’m really looking forward to the beauty, scents, tastes, and love of the season.
- This week I received a wonderful treat. I requested infant pictures of Alex (like my friend Sandra did)… and got 10!!! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude that we have these 10 precious pictures. I’m not sure how old he is in the pictures, but I’m guessing a month or two. He’s so tiny, and sweaty… and has a recognizable hairline 🙂 When I opened the email I was in instant tears. It was almost like receiving a referral again. A real cherished treasure.
- Today is it… the last day of being 34. Tomorrow’s my birthday, and I’m starting to get used to the idea of the number 35…. While I would love to be 29 again, I also wouldn’t change anything in the last 6 years.