Alex is changing more and more every day… (and I’m doing a poor job of documenting it all)…
As I’ve mentioned previously, Alex is completely trained – yeah! No accidents in almost 2 months, it’s been very nice. One cute thing though is that Alex has decided he needs to pee like a big boy – so standing up. But not on a stool or anything – right in front of the toilet. He’s pretty good at it – but I now have to clean the toilet much more than I would like. He rarely will go when we are out too – so extra nice.
Alex’s speech is coming along sooo well! There are a lot of sounds we have to still work on – but most people can now understand him. He is also now saying his name! (sorta) He does have some bad habits… like saying “bad boy” – that came from the sitters… not happy about that one. He has also learned “One more minute”… sigh. He also asks “Momma (or Dada) will you play with me?” – when we are rushed in the morning it breaks my heart that I can’t – especially when he starts to cry 😦
I’d say 90% of the time, Alex is sleeping through the night – 8pm – 7am. But on occasion, he will wake up just after midnight – or around 4:30, calling for me – and won’t let Matt go in to calm him down – it’s momma or nothing – kinda sweet… but so tiring. The other thing about sleep is that recently Alex has been playing in his room from 8 until 9, 9:30 ish. He makes “nests” in his bed, changes from his pjs into shorts & tees, throws his puppy around the room, reads books – you name it, he does it. Drives. me. nuts. He will also play the “I gotta pee” card numerous times. Tonight was a good night though – no issues 🙂 The one cute thing he does is in the morning he will come into our room, open the curtains and say “Momma! Morning time!” even if it’s pitch black out still.
Oh… and I naps for the most part have gone by the wayside… now it’s quiet time most days.
Other Alex notes:
- Alex loves watching Scooby Doo and Dora
- Alex loves playing Batman / Spiderman – we are each assigned a roll and have to run around the house
- Alex also loves playing ghost “woooo oooo”
- A week or so ago I bought Alex an ambulance that goes with his firetruck toy – he hasn’t stopped playing with it! $20 well spent.
- I still can’t get Alex to ride his big boy bike (did I mention I bought a 2 wheeler for Alex? – can’t remember). He loves the bike – but won’t ride it. He wants to go fast and doesnt’ understand that he needs to use the pedals and not just his feet like his friend Henry who has a glider bike.
- Alex is fiercely independent and wants to do everything on his own… causing lots of frustration along the way. He can put on this own shoes for instance, but not zip up his coat, or get his fingers in his gloves correctly.
- I’m trying to get Alex to sing – we generally do this while in the car to and from the sitters. His favourite is Baa Baa Black Sheep – if I stop singing he will pick up the words. So I know he knows the song – but just chooses to not sing along. He’s like that in so many ways – soaking it all in, and one day it will all just come pouring out.
- He knows his numbers up to 10 – while he rarely will say them. He does count up to 3 all the time.
- He will point out A’s and say “Momma! That’s me!
(will try to get some good pics over the weekend)