That’s right – Fall and Winter are right around the corner. You are all probably yelling at the computer right now – saying “NO WAY – Summer just arrived!!” However I have seen evidence to the contrary…
- School starts in 10 days
- It is getting dark around 8:30pm and street lights are coming on
- There are Fall mums at the garden centres
- My daisies have died off
- There were fall decor items in the flyers tonight
- I got my driver’s licence renewal form in the mail today
- I’ve started doing my Christmas shopping (3 gifts bought)
- I’ve signed up to participate in a Christmas craft show (it’s a fundraiser for the United Way)
- I RECEIVED THE WISH BOOK FROM SEARS… A WEEK AGO!
Any other evidence that Fall is on it’s way in your lives?
So it is Friday! I can’t believe how quickly time has flown by since I’ve been back to work. It has been 3 weeks already! In a week and a half, Matt will be back at school and Alex will be going to a sitter – just crazy.
The guys got back very late on Wednesday night and Alex woke up for a bit so I could have some cuddles which I really needed. The next morning I got up with him nice and early (6:45 – before he went North he was a 7:30 man – not sure what happened) and we got to have some mommy / baby time before I went to work. I started to notice some changes though… well he has grown for sure – but he is also throwing little tantrums. Not full out throw himself of the floor fits, but just frustrated times where he throws things. Toys, books, cups… I know that around the 14-15 month that tends to come out in little kids – but I was hoping Alex would be the exception 😉 Guess not.
Recently we repainted our living / dining / kitchen space and we decided to put up a mirror that once belonged to Matt’s grandmother above the couch. So we did that tonight – and caught Alex kissing (sorry – it is french styled kiss) himself in the mirror – silly boy!
I’m really excited about tomorrow – we are getting together with 3 other families that we have gotten to know that also have boys from Korea. I’ll post pics soon! It is also the start of 5 days off… yeah!