Ok – so I can’t think of anything today. I’m tired. Being back to work for the most part hasn’t been too rough – but it has been physically tiring. I’ve been running around much much more, and staying up much later than normal. I still have to work tomorrow too which will leave me with a one day weekend – but I will survive… right?
I’ve just decided what I’ll post – a favourite recipe: Hummingbird Delight Rhubarb Muffins. I discovered this recipe in Cottage Life magazine. It won first prize in their recipe contest in 2000 – and they sure are winners around my house (ok – that was really cheezy – but I’m tired – deal with it)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 ml)
1 tspbaking soda (5 ml)
1 tsp salt (5 ml)
1 tsp cinnamon (5 ml)
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (375 ml)
1 cup milk (250 ml)
2/3 cup vegetable oil (150 ml)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 ml)
2 cups rhubarb, chopped
1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 ml)
2 tsp cinnamon (10 ml)
1 1/2 tbspbutter, melted (22 ml)
1. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2. Beat egg, brown sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl until blended. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing with a whisk just until smooth. Stir in rhubarb.
3. Scoop batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling about three-quarters full.
4. Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle about 1 tsp (5 ml) per muffin over batter.
5. Bake in preheated 375ºF (190ºC) oven for about 20 minutes, or until set. Makes about 2 dozen muffins.
If you use frozen rhubarb, thaw and pat dry before mixing with batter.