Yep – we now know Alex is officially teething. The drool was a huge clue over the last couple of weeks, but yesterday I put my finger in his mouth, and sure enough, there was something hard on the top. I peeked in and a sliver of tooth is coming down. The fussiness factor has increased dramatically, Alex is even snubbing some food – and that is very rare! He is now on Motrin and Baby Orajel to help deal with the pain. The good thing is that he seems to be sucking back his whole bottle now – he had been playing with his bottle a lot over the last few days.
Tonight we are going to an Indian Potluck Party at my friend’s Sarah & Jeremy’s place. Most of my girlfriends, their hubbies, and their babes will all be attending – should be lots of fun! We don’t anticipate staying too long with little Alex being so fussy – but we will see how he his – perhaps the other kids will be a distraction.
So what are we taking to the party you might be asking? I’m making my a version of my Chicken Curry – it is going to be a chickpea curry instead – and since I’m such a nice person I thought I might share it with everyone!
Krista’s Chicken Curry
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 tbsp of Patak’s Mild Curry Paste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (raw) diced / or a can of washed chickpeas / or both!
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of mixed frozen vegetables
- jasmine or basmati rice
- nahn bread (or pocketless pitas – they work just as nice)
- In a large frying pan cook chicken / chickpeas and onions until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
- Add the curry paste – mix and let it settle for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, pepper and frozen veggies and stir. Simmer for about 30 minutes
- In the mean time cook your rice of choice.
- Serve the curry over the rice and use nahn bread as a side.
Told you it was easy! Enjoy!