I just realized I haven’t shared recently what has been on my nightstand!
Over the last little while I have read:
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. This was my first book by Picoult – and it won’t be my last! This woman can write a story.
- A Good Woman by Danielle Steel. This was the fist Danielle Steel I have read in a very long time. I was intrigued by the era the book was set in – WWI. From talking to others at work who read this one, the consensus is is that it is one of the better novels she has written in quite a while.
- Mercy Among the Children by David Adams Richards. This book is nominated for the Canada Reads competition – and is well deserved. This Canadian novel is set in a very poor New Brunswick town and follows the life of the Henderson family as some try to do what’s right in life while others rebel.
- The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I didn’t love this book. The story was good – but it somehow did not grab me like The Choice and At First Sight. Worth a read though.
- Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas. This is what I’m currently reading. It is set during WWII and evolves around a family who lives in a community where an internment camp for Japanese Americans has been set up. Very interesting so far.
Books on my nightstand waiting to be read include:
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
- Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett
- The Queen’s Fool by Phillipa Gregory
I know – you are all laughing – when are you going to read those! You have a 9 month old baby coming home in just over 2 weeks! Oh I will find the time – it is one thing that I need in my life. I’ve always been a reader and will always be a reader – even if it is a few pages a day. And I don’t get library fines so I don’t feel too bad if I return it late 😉