Baby Carriers

We are planning on using a baby carrier when we get little Alex and over the last few months I’ve been asking around for people’s reviews of them.  This will be a great way to travel in Korea, as well, it will promote attachment and bonding (I hope!) – and will allow for us to be out and about in the deep snow we get here in the snow belt.  We also have to consider getting something that can be easily adjusted – Matt is taller and larger than me – so we need it to transform between us easily.

I love the BabyHawk Mei Tai however looking at the directions, to me it really seems to be a two person job to get it tied properly.  It does however have a weight limit of 40lbs and very cool designs.

I was thinking the Baby Bjorn – but they are only good up to 25lbs – and well, I think Alex might surpass that soon after he arrives…

Some girls at AdopTalk were raving about the Ergo Baby Carrier.  It has a weight limit of 40lbs – although it has been tested up to 90lbs!  It is affordable, and the retro design is pretty cool.  So I might see about getting this one!  If we can find it around Stratford…



So we have a few delays.  Our AP was to fax her report to the Bridge ASAP – however she preferred to courier it – so now the coordinator at Children’s Bridge will not be able to process our package until next Wednesday.  Last night we went to the bank – and hopefully everything will be set up by the end of the day.  Once we get our bank draft, we can send our papers to the Bridge.  I want everything off our dining room table by 5pm tomorrow night.

We have also been alerted that Alex has a rash on his navel – on and off for the last 2 months! … I just want him here so we can take care of him!

On other news – the computer situation is not good.  Turns out it is believed that something is wrong on the motherboard – and because it is a laptop, we would need to purchase a replacement for them to test it out.  So…. spend $3-400 to attempt to diagnose the problem on a 4 year old machine … or get a new machine.  Looks like the latter is going to happen – so long as I find time to go look at some machines.  My supervisor is advocating the Mac… while that would be nice… it is not in our budget right now… So it might have to be a Dell 😦  We’ll see.  I hope to have this figured out by Saturday afternoon.