Sorry I haven’t posted about what’s going on before now – Things have been very busy around here and we’ve barely been home.
First of all, thank you so very much for all of the messages and e-mails – we are so very blessed to have such a wonderful friends and family! We can’t wait for you all to meet our little man.
Some general details on him – his Korean name is Kaeul – it means “the fall”. He was born in early May, and was a healthy weight – still is too! We have not decided upon a Canadian name – we have the “short list” determined… problem is we both have large families with lots of boys – and most of our friends have boys – so lots of names are taken 😉 I want to post pics… but I dont’ think we will until we get him – so if you want to see a picture, e-mail me at klarobinson215(at)gmail(dot)com.
The next steps:
- We received Kaeul’s child study on Thursday morning, and have been reviewing his family history, medical history, and information on his sleeping, eating, and general habits (he is just perfect!!!)
- This afternoon we are meeting with our doctor for our second twinwix shots – and will have him review the medical information on Kaeul at the same time.
- This weekend I’m attending AdoptTalk – and adoption workshop for Children’s Bridge (in Mississauga). Unfortunately Matt has another commitment and won’t be able to attend – although he is going to try to get there for Sunday’s talk. Sunday they will be discussing travelling to get your baby. I’m really looking forward to meeting Barbara and Karen – save me a spot girls!
- Monday afternoon we meet with our Adoption Practitioner to fill out all of the forms and commitment to Kaeul.
- Tuesday we go to the bank…
- On Wednesday we hopefully will be ready to send everything back to Children’s Bridge.
- They will then send for a Letter of No Objection from the Ministry (takes 2-3 weeks)
- Once the LONO is received, our package goes back to the Canadian Embassy in Korea for Visa processing
- So in 2.5-3 months, we will be travelling to bring ???? Matthew Kaeul Robinson home!!
We will keep you up to date on the progress!