Things have been pretty busy the last week or so. Not on the adoption front but on the regular life front.
- Matt has started back at work – he’s a teacher so he is back at it full force.
- Matt is coaching hockey as well so he’s been pretty busy there
- Went to see Caesar and Cleopatra with Christopher Plummer at the Festival Theatre – great show to see if you have a chance
- Took the homemade pledge
- Working on Christmas presents – yep – I know, it’s a little early – but I want to enjoy the holidays this year and not be stressed! I’m making 3 flannel rag quilts – will post pictures on my second blog (see next point)
- Started a second blog for my girlfriends – Crafts n’ Such. We are going to try and meet every few weeks to do some crafts / sewing / scrapbooking etc., and just hang out. The first session is this Thursday, and coincidentally coincides with the premiere of Grey’s Anatomy! Can’t wait!
- Went on a nice date with my hubby on Friday since we haven’t seen each other much – went to Down the Street (in Stratford)
And now I’m sick. Matt had a cold all weekend – and of course, I now have it. I just hope my throat holds out for the computer class I’m teaching this afternoon… I know I shouldn’t be at work – but I dont’ really have anyone who can back me up in my programs.
On the baby front – not much going on. I’ve been bidding on fabric on eBay and am just waiting for it to arrive so I can start some baby quilts. Still waiting for the crib – should be arriving in another 4 weeks. Then I can start the crib skirt, get some curtains etc… I am also reading another book on making the choice to adopt. Although we obviously have already made that decision it is still a good book on the emotions of adoption and it goes into the issue of attachment. I will post more on it when I’m done.