Good question – I feel at times like I am so out of the blogging world, but then I get inspired for a post or two, and then… well, life takes hold. I never realized how busy I would find it being a working mom of a 5 year old – there is very little spare time to do much.
I thought I would take a moment to share some random facts of what is happening in our lives – just so I don’t forget for when I get caught up in scrapbooking!
- I had my hair chopped my hair off! It feels so good to have a style again – longer hair just isn’t for me.
- At work, we did a massive reorganization of our main floor – we did a huge weed of unused non fiction, rearranged shelving and moved collections. It took the better part of a weekend when the library was closed and was a lot of work – but it looks pretty darn good.
- I just finished reading “Crazy Rich Asians” by Kevin Kwan – very fun novel playing up the stereotypes of affluent Asians in Singapore. Now I’m onto “Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy” by Helen Fielding.
- He has started hockey! He is in Tyke – also known as Timbits (oh how Canadian!). Matt is coaching and I guess every time he asks the team if they have any questions, Alex will put up his hand and say “Let’s Play Hockey!”
- He is coming out of his shell for sure. Often he will ask our neighbours if they know his mom or dad, or what they are doing – something he would never have done a few months ago.
- Alex is in a big “Who made this” phase – asking that question about everything from cars to the moon to his skin.
- Speech is still ongoing – but now he is getting help again in school – so hoping things start to progress more.
- He has been accepted into the Vice Principal’s pool! That means if there is an opening for a VP in his board, he may be called into that position. He has worked very hard for this – I’m very proud.
- Hunting and Fishing season is back so Matt is back to hunting and gathering for our family
- Has a problem with his eye right now… poor guy.